Pinterest has quickly grown to be one of the top five social networks. Still, most business owners are hesitant about joining yet another social network. They are still struggling to work with and understand the two best known social networks: Facebook and Twitter.
Pinterest is great tool for businesses who sell products directly to consumers. That is especially true if your product looks cool. This is because Pinterest is really the only social network entirely based on imagery posted from other locations. Instagram is an imagery based social network but those are primarily for original imagery taken with your own camera. In addition, because each image has a description, you can do some great searches as well.
Here are some interesting facts you might consider with Pinterest for your business:
- Price point pins get 36% more likes than those without price points.
- 69% of people who use Pinterest have bought at least one item or wanted to purchase from pins they've viewed.
- The demographic of users on Pinterest are 80% women and 20% men, as women tend to make more purchase decisions.
- The average daily user on Pinterest spends 1 hour and 17 minutes on the social network.
The concept for Pinterest started with the original social bookmarking concept but has grown in popularity, primarily because of the use of imagery. Using Pinterest as a social bookmarking site can help boost your website in traffic as well as search engine rankings if done properly.
As you consider getting started in Pinterest for your business, you might need a little help in managing your presence. Here are three tools that might help you get started in your business pinning.
- Piqora- use analytics to track ROI and scheudle pins automatically
- Pinstamatic – add some excitement and fun to your boards
- Hello Society – adds the ability to calculate your influence and additional analytics.
As Pinterest is still new, some of the tools are still learning how to be effective and actually make money. We'll likely see tools come and go until Pinterest becomes a little more mature.
Time for you to set up your pin board and get started!